Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Running.

I’m not a runner. I desire to be, and have even tried to convince myself that I am. My philosophy all along has been “only run if being chased”. Then I heard about the Disney Princess half marathon, and I was hooked.

2 years later, I’m still hooked on the idea. The half marathon has made my bucket list, but I’m no closer to running it that I was before. I am by book standards pretty close to an expert though. I love to research, so I know what to eat, what to wear and how to prepare for the big race. I know what to pack, and what things I really don’t need. I’ve just never worked up the endurance to run the race. On my next Disney trip, I’m going to get out and try a few of the trails, in hopes that it will motivate me to become the runner I desire to be.

Disney makes it easy with running trails at almost every resort. Many of the running trails connect to other resorts, so you even get changing scenery. I imagine these trails to all be exciting and scenic, because Disney pays such careful attention to detail. If you’re interested in the trails at the resorts, or the available races, Disney Running is a great resource. Some of their information is a little outdated, but the maps are really great. Another great site is one of my favorites overall; ALL EARS provides detailed information about the trails. Of course, you can always just ask at guest relations when you check in, and they will provide you with a trail map.

I look forward to running my first Disney race, because, like everything else, I’m sure they will make it an amazing experience. I’d love to hear stories of people who have done a Disney race, and other hopefuls as well. Remember, we’re in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment